View Mobile Site

Anther fire hits Pembroke family

  • Bookmark and Share

Prime Time Specialty Mini Grid WIDGET

Tonight in Prime Time

Enter your ZIP code below to see local listings.
POSTED: February 16, 2007 5:06 a.m.
The Pembroke Fire Department was called to go to a fire on the afternoon of Jan. 29. It turned out this was the second fire at the same location in just two weeks.
Firefighters were first called to Charles and Thelma Morgan’s house on W.E. Smith Road for a Jan. 15 kitchen.
This time it wasn’t the house that was on fire.
According to Pembroke Fire Chief Jimmy Cook, that was lucky, because the Morgan’s were working inside the house, trying to repair some of the damage which had been done in the last fire.
The Morgan’s were notified of the fire when someone driving by their house stopped to tell them of the fire. They soon discovered that behind a wooden fence located some 300 feet behind the house, toward the back of their property, where Morgan had stored a number of vehicles and other items, there was a roaring blaze underway.
When two engines arrived on the scene with eight firefighters, they identified two cars and one pickup truck fully engulfed in the inferno. It took 1,500 gallons of water to extinguish the blaze.
Cook said the fire appears to have been either accidentally or intentionally set.
The Morgans had been staying in a motel while they repaired their home and now face problems caused by the second fire, Cook said.
 

Comments

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

Most Popular


Please wait ...